POSTED: MARCH 30, 2015
Downtown Insurance Brokerage seeks seasoned COMMERCIAL LINES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE to manage and grow a book of accounts including Property, Casualty, and Management Liability lines of business.
The Account Executive will service commercial lines accounts including educating clients about policy coverage’s and tailoring insurance programs. The Commercial Lines Account Executive must be familiar with underwriting criteria, commercial lines coverages, and must maintain a good rapport with clients and company underwriters. The Commercial Lines Account Executive will also assist in soliciting new business and developing existing accounts.
• Maintains, manages, and assumes full accountability of a diverse book of business.
• Understands coverages relevant to risk/exposures and provides innovative solutions that address the needs and wants of the client.
• Maintains successful communication with both the client and the carrier.
• Negotiates with carriers for best pricing and favorable terms and conditions.
• Responsible for client servicing, marketing, rating, submissions, proposals, binders, policy issuance/checking/delivery, endorsements, invoicing, and post placements.
• Assists in claims reporting and settlement negotiations as needed.
• Endeavors to round out accounts by presenting additional lines of business, i.e.: Cyber Liability, Health, Dental, Long Term Disability, etc.
• Initiates and develops new business and responds to Requests For Proposals
New York Brokers License Required.
Minimum of 5 years insurance experience Required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Knowledge of TAM (The Agency Manger system or equivalent)
Knowledge of online rating systems
Strategic thinker, self-starter, results driven, and client focused.
Two years experience, preferably servicing property and casualty related clients.
- New York General P&C license is preferred.
- Proficiency in PC office products.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent with Risk Management /Business related curriculum preferred.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Competitive pay and benefits! EOE
To apply for this position, submit cover letter and resume to: HUMAN RESOURCES department
or call 212.425.8150